Hudson Information Technology for Community Health (HITCH) is a community based non profit 501c3 organization located in Ossining NY. Hitch, founded in 2010, is dedicated to supporting the provision of high quality health care to communities across New York's Hudson Valley Region. We work with our sponsors, three federally qualified health centers, Open Door Family Medical Centers, inc, Sun River Health, and the Institute for Family Health, to implement programs that enhance access, and provide quality health care for the medically underserved.
Hitch is Guided By The Following Principles:
- Information technology can be leveraged to improve care processes and the health of populations
- Evidence-based standards of care are under-recognized and providers need assistance in applying them in busy primary care settings
- Clinicians, administrators, and policy makers can use actionable data on care processes and clinical outcomes to measure performance and make decisions
- FQHCs and other safety net providers benefit from building competency in clinical quality improvement initiatives
- Organizations can learn from each other when provided with the tools and support for doing so.
Collaboration at the community level is part of the Hitch approach. In addition to sharing best practices among its founding members ,HITCH actively works with a variety of community stakeholders throughout the Hudson Valley.