HITCH is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the provision of high-quality health care to communities across New York’s lower Hudson Valley, as well as parts of New York City and Long Island.
We work with our sponsors, three federally-qualified health centers, Open Door Family Medical Centers, Inc., HRHCare Community Health, and the Institute for Family Health, to implement programs that enhance the access to and quality of health care for the medically underserved.
HITCH IS GUIDED BY THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:
- Information technology can be leveraged to improve care processes and the health of populations
- Evidence-based standards of care are under-recognized and providers need assistance in applying them in busy primary care settings
- Clinicians, administrators, and policy makers can use actionable data on care processes and clinical outcomes to measure performance and make decisions
- FQHCs and other safety net providers benefit from building competency in clinical quality improvement initiatives
- Organizations can learn from each other when provided with the tools and support for doing so.