Cancer Services Program (CSP) of the Hudson Valley
The Cancer Services Program (CSP) of the Hudson Valley works to decrease rates of cancer and cancer mortality among uninsured people living in Dutchess, Putnam, Rockland, Ulster and Westchester counties. Our mission is to provide breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening, diagnostic and case management services for uninsured and underinsured people residing in the Hudson Valley.
For more information about the Cancer Services Program of the Hudson Valley call:
Are you eligible?
The CSP provides a variety of breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening tests. You may be eligible if:
- You are uninsured or underinsured
- You are a woman aged 40 years or older or a man aged 50 years or older
- Live in one of the five counties served by the CSP of the Hudson Valley
For eligible women age 40 and older, the CSP offers the following free services:
- Clinical breast exams
- Pelvic exams
- Pap tests and HPV tests
For men and women age 50 and older the CSP offers:
- Free take-home colon cancer screening tests (called FIT Kits)
Where Are These Services Offered?
Screening and diagnostic services are provided in local hospitals, clinics, health centers and doctors' offices throughout the five county region served by the Cancer Services Program of the Hudson Valley. These counties include: Dutchess, Putnam, Rockland, Ulster and Westchester.
When a client is diagnosed with cancer, CSP staff can assist him or her with applying for the Medicaid Cancer Treatment Program (MCTP), if eligible. MCTP pays for treatment services for breast, cervical, colorectal or prostate cancer or pre-cancerous breast and cervical conditions.
To be eligible for MCTP you must be:
- At least 18 yrs of age or older
- Not covered under any creditable insurance
- In need of treatment for colorectal, prostate, breast, or cervical cancer or pre-cancerous breast and cervical conditions
- Resident of New York State
- US citizen or alien with satisfactory immigration status.
CSP Provider Fact Sheet (122 KB)
MCTP Fact Sheet (153 KB)