Welcome to HITCH
Hudson Information Technology for Community Health
HITCH is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the provision of high-quality health care to communities across New York’s lower Hudson Valley, as well as parts of New York City and Long Island. We work with our sponsors, three federally-qualified health centers, Open Door Family Medical Centers, Inc., HRHCare Community Health, and the Institute for Family Health, to implement programs that enhance the access to and quality of health care for the medically under-served.
The collaborative nature of HITCH enables the organization to provide program leadership and direction, and technical assistance to its sponsors who realize efficiencies by sharing HITCH resources and benefiting from the resulting knowledge-sharing.
HITCH partners with local, regional, and state organizations to:
- Deploy health information technology innovatively including electronic medical records, health information exchange, and telemedicine;
- Apply non-technology business and process solutions to challenges in health centers;
- Promote the adoption of best practices and evidence-based care among its sponsors and other stakeholders;
- Document, codify, and communicate barriers and facilitators to improving the process of care and patient outcomes; and
- Proactively monitor the health care environment including health info exchange, insurance access, quality, research, technology.